An opening ceremony of the III International Competition of Ballet Dancers took place in Astana. It is hosted by the “Fund for Development and Support of Ballet and National Dance” private fund, which significantly contributed to the development of choreographic art of Kazakhstan for recent years. The Foundation of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan – the Leader of the Nation is the general partner of the III International Competition of Ballet Dancers.
29 artists came to the capital city from Kazakhstan, Russia, Azerbaijan, Kyrgyzstan and Japan to compete for the title of the best ballet dancers.
The jury comprised well-known people of contemporary ballet art:
- Tamas Zolimozi – director of Hungarian National Ballet, bright dancer and choreographer;
- Xiao Suhua – top-ranked Chinese choreographer, professor of Beijing Dance Academy and Executive VP of the ballet committee of Chinese Folk Dance Association;
- Stefan Zeromski – leading soloist of Netherlands Dance Theatre (NDT), choreographer, assistant of well-known ballet master Jiri Kylian;
- Luigi Bonino – Italian ballet master and stage director, assistant of well-known French choreographer Roland Petit;
- Joseph Dolinsky – director of Ballet, Slovak National Theatre;
- Vasily Medvedev – founder of DANCE OPEN international ballet festival.
Sergey Usanov, the General Director of the International Federation of Ballet Competitions is invited as Executive Secretary of the jury. The chairperson of the jury will be the legend of ballet of the XX century, etoile of Mariinsky Theatre and artistic managing director of ballet of “Astana Opera” Theatre, People’s artist of Russia Altynai Assylmuratova.
The numbers, under which the soloists of “Astana Ballet” theatre are going to perform, determined during the drawing procedure:
Riza Kanatkyzy – number 7
Anar Dukiyeva – number 12
Diana Batyrova – number 15
Balzhan Nurpeisova – number 22
Good luck to them!